When you enable Magento 2 sticky product summary for a product it enables product summary block on the right sidebar, where users can product summary, which contains the product’s image, price, quantity box, options they have selected (if the product has custom options) and the ‘add to cart’ button. This is a clever implementation because the customer does not have to search for the price, and can add multiple quantities without having to navigate or scroll anywhere else on the page.
Consider this: a customer is shopping on a product page and scrolling through a product’s awesome description. The customer is getting excited to buy the product, but as they scroll further, they don’t see a buy button. He/She soon realize he/she has to scroll all the way back to the top to look for it, and in this moment, excitement to buy the product is overshadowed by his/her need to search for the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Once this happens, your client might lose the customer’s interest and could potentially miss out on a sale.
Any moment of purchasing hesitation – even short ones like this – can have a big impact on conversion. Sticky sidebar helps to you can use to implement a sticky product summary and ‘Add to Cart’ button that will stay with customers as they scroll down through a product’s description.
Magento 2 Sticky Sidebar Summary Extension Features
– Ability to show details of selected custom options summary in the sidebar for the simple product.
– Ability to show details of selected options summary in sidebar for bundle product.
– Ability to enable / disable functionality for all products.
– Ability to enable / disable functionality per product.
– Summary detail block will scroll with browsers scroll, so customer can see their selection all the time.
– Ability to show products image in sticky sidebar.
– Price will reload in sidebar as soon selection options change, so customer can have the final price with overview of selection.
– Multi browsers support : IE, FireFox, Safari, Chrome, Opera (fully tested).
– Easy 2-minute installation.
– Meets Magento programming practices.
– Free upgrades at least in current version branch.
FAQ - Common questions about Magento 2 sticky sidebar summary Extension
Question:- Can I show/hide product image in sticky sidebar summary?
Answer:- Yes, you can. Product image can be show/hide on sidebar from admin area go to Stores > Configuration > Sticky Bar > General Settings > Show Image > Yes/No.
Question:- Will sticky sidebar summary shows custom options selected for the product?
Answer:- Yes, if a product has custom options then sticky sidebar summary shows values of custom options which were selected for the product.
Question:- Can I enable sticky sidebar for a particular product only?
Answer:- Yes, you can enable sticky summary for a particular product only.
Question:- Can sticky sidebar shows updated price after selecting option?
Answer:- Yes, the price will update on sticky sidebar summary.
Question:- Can I choose sticky sidebar summary place Left/Right?
Answer:- Yes, you can set where you want to show the sidebar left or right on the product page.
Question:- Can I run this on my staging and development site, too?
Answer:- Yes, this extension works for staging as well as the live site.
We support all our customers through our website. If you have any questions on Extension or need support with its use please contact us. – we're happy to help you.
- Initial release
- Various bug fixes
- Compatibility with Magento2.2
- Code optimizations